Thursday 24 February 2011

The 3D event of the year!!!

WARNING - RANT IMMINENT

So.....is anyone else completely sick of these bloody 3D movies? It seems like if any film has the tiniest bit of action in it or it will appeal to anyone under the age of 20, there'll be 3D galore.

What really pissed me off was this brilliant Thor trailer which is spoilt by that pesky "in 3D" thing at the end:


Let me explain.

Y'see, I already see in 3D. I think we all do. Unless you have some serious depth-perception issues, you're capable of knowing that the smaller car behind the bigger one is not in fact miniature. It's further away! We've been knowing this for a while now.

The other thing is that it completely fecks up the picture quality. Filming in 3D or adding that post-production layering thing makes the picture darker. Then, you're forced to wear dark glasses. The picture you're looking at on the big screen isn't what was intended. So the cinematographer might as well have not turned up at all.

Oh, and you have to wear crappy glasses. Well, at least they're not made of cardboard.

And it costs more. Considerably more when you consider you're paying for the aforementioned dorky glasses. Which you already own from your last trip.

All this just so you can be absolutely, 100% positively certain that the smaller car is, in fact, further away.

Ok, rant over. I now return you to your previously scheduled Thursday.

3 comments:

whitebearsleeping said...

THANK YOU. I was worried I was the only one who felt this way. Those damn 3D movies are more expensive than the 2D, just because they can have more visible depth to it. I really hate it. Most of them ruin the original quality, as well.

Neil said...

Cheers, papersounding. We should start a club, perhaps?

All in all, I'm just not prepared to spend MORE money to see an INFERIOR movie. My worry is that soon we'll have no choice for some films. Like....if Thor ONLY came out in 3D - what do I do then? :(

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that thor is only in 3d at event cinemas. Shit sucks. Im going to Hoyts.