Tuesday 13 April 2010

Arnie quotes

Arnold Schwarzenegger may not be everyone's up of tea. You may think some of his movies are crap (they are), you may think he's not the best actor in the world (he's not) and you may think he ain't the smartest chap on the planet (he isn't). But my love of Arnie began when I was about 7 and I saw The Terminator - I was terrified of this giant foreign monster, an unstoppable force killing his way to the savior of mankind!

Now one of my friends hates the guy - but this is the lady who's never seen The Terminator! Or Terminator 2! Seriously! I know!!!!

Something I really admire about Arnie is his determination. He set out to be a bodybuilder (he was a pretty small kid at age 15 but by 22 he was Mr Universe). He conquered the bodybuilding world and then set his sights on something else - to be the greatest action star. He achieved it! The day of the action star is long dead now (if you ask me, it died round about the time Arnie did Terminator 3 and Willis made Die Hard 4).

He has a brilliant (and sometimes scary) determination and self-motivation. He finished the action world having conquered it and set his sights on politics. I have no doubt he won't quit until he becomes president, even if that is currently impossible (what with him not being American born). We shall see.....

Anyway, on a monthly basis I like to throw myself into a few Arnie quotes because some are pretty inspiring. Enjoy:

Everything I have, my career, my success, my family, I owe to America.

Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.

For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.

I didn't leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same with my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service.

I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun.

I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way - I hope it never will.

Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn't matter.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

Just to finish things off, let's have another look at some of the best Arnie quotes from the movies:



"I did nothing! The pavement was his enemy!"

No comments: